Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vote

It's November 2nd again which means it's time to vote! So, this morning when the alarm went off I rolled out of bed, grabbed some coffee and headed out...


They are predicting that there will be higher turn out for this election than there has been in 20 years. I thought I might be waiting for awhile with the before work crowd but there weren't too many people yet.

I always get a bit nervous about voting. I'm not sure if it's that I somehow suddenly feel all this pressure for participating in decision making that will impact the whole... Or it could just be flash backs to multiple choice tests... maybe I didn't read the ballot question information carefully enough, didn't study enough, and now I'm going to fill in the wrong bubble and fail.
Nerves aside it is a good feeling to be participating with the community, everyone gathering in a single place for a single purpose and to have a voice on the crazy ballot questions.
During elections I also am reminded that it was hard fought by incredible activist women for me to be able to participate and have a vote and is also privilege that I have by living in this country so it is important to participate and not take it for granted this privilege I have.

So... make sure you get out and VOTE today!

No comments:

Post a Comment