Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful


Thanksgiving provides a good reminder to reflect on all there is to be thankful for. Being surrounded by the love of family is a good reminder - even if I can't be with my family in reflection I can feel the love of family and friends around me.

Growing up we would go to my Aunt & Uncle's house for Thanksgiving and while the turkey was cooking the whole family would go out for a walk on some trails near their house. That was always one of my favorite parts of the day. It has been 13 years since I've spent a Thanksgiving with my family. My husband's family lives where people hunt so there are some dangers involved in an attempt to go out for a walk - since I don't have any bright orange clothing - but this year we were able to go for a short walk which helped me to feel close to may family from 3000 miles away.

There is so much to be thankful for, so much beauty in the world to appreciate and a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, every new day and food to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment