Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Latin Inspired TV Dinner

When I babysit a few nights a week there is dinner waiting for me in the fridge at the house. I decided I would try to get better and leaving a new twist on TV dinner at home for my partner so I can cook something for lunch and have some of it ready for him when he gets home.

Today's cooking...
Arroz con gandules, frijoles negros y chili rellleno

To make the rice:

saute 3 pieces of bacon (cut into small pieces)
1/2 of a spanish onion (cut into small pieces)
saute for a few minutes

Add 1Tbl of each of the following;
sorfito
parsley flakes (because I didn't have cilantro)
garlic powder
oregano

add 1/2 Tbl of each of the following;
ground cumin seeds
paprika

add 1 tsp chipotle chile pepper
salt and pepper to taste
Add 1 1/2 cup rice (I used brown)
stir together to coat the rice

add I can green pigeon peas (Gandules verdes)
Add 3 cans (using pigeon pea can) water

cover and cook until water is absorbed



Black Beans
let sit in a pot of water overnight
drain, rinse

Add
onion
garlic
poblano pepper tops (4 peppers used for chili relleno)
bay leaves
cumin
salt
pepper
tablespoon olive oil
water
cook until tender


I also made chili relleno and had some left over brussel sprouts, then I plated it on a pie pan, so it just needs to go in the oven to be reheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment