Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the elliptical motivator

Today I am again struggling with motivation. I fear it may be the theme for this week and I can't put my finger on what my block is. So today's tactic to combat this rut was to get myself to the gym and try to rededicate myself to going five days a week. The beauty of my 'flexible' schedule is that I can go when it's less crowded which seems to be anytime after 9 a.m. and then I can use any machine I want. The other trick is thinking about if there is something I would want to watch on TV at home, if I can do it at the gym then I get to watch what I'm interested in while getting exercise which is much more rewarding than just sitting in front of the TV.

After the gym I felt like I had a clearer head and was able to focus and catch up on some house work I had been avoiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment