Tuesday, February 22, 2011

engagement party gift bags

Today I put together little gift bags for everyone coming to the engagement celebration. I didn't want to go too over the top and tried to think of things that would represent the couple. I also wanted it to be things that people may use and not just something that has the couples names all over it that will probably end up in the trash.
I started with a note to say that these were things we've learned from the couple
  • to stay sweet - chocolates
  • keep the fire burning - candle & matches, I decorated the tea lights using a sharpie to draw grass on them and since they are getting married at their summer camp I used the camp logo on one side of the match box and on the other put a sketch of their names 'carved' in a tree
  • stick together - magnets, I got a roll of sticky magnets and printed a photo of grass, a photo of the outside of a bowling alley to which I added the quote We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh - Agnes Repplier (because they belong to a bowling team and we're going bowling as part of their party), a photo from the top of Mount Katahdin in Maine with the quote Life has taught us that love does not consist of gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction - Saint-Exupery (because she used to live in Maine) and a magnet where I rearranged images from their save the date
  • let love grow - seeds, I bought a songbird seed mix, I divided the mix and wrapped the seeds in saran wrap, then I typed and printed the planting instructions and printed a picture of similar flowers, I cut both things out in a heart shape, put a seed set in the middle and hand stitched the two hearts together
Their engagement story has the guy wrapping a blade of grass around the girl's finger as a ring so I used 'easter' grass in the gift bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment