Friday, February 25, 2011

rainy day thoughts of travel


In the front of the house I can sit and watch the rain drops hit the window and snake their way down. And looking out at the street I can see it melting holes in the snow and more of it disappears.



From my office in the back of the house I wouldn't know that it was raining without looking down and seeing the drops splash in a puddle on the ground.

I spent some time watching the rain and enjoying my coffee this morning and enjoying being inside. And decided this grey, wet weather reminded me of London and so I spent most of the day today trying to plan a mini European adventure to visit a friend living in Germany until June and then go to a wedding in England and perhaps spend a night or two in Dublin on the way back home. Although there is something lovely and romantic about planning this adventure it's also been harder than I anticipated. Since I've been thinking about it over the last month plane tickets have begun to get more expensive and my etsy experiment hasn't taken off the way I had hoped (so next week should begin a focus on shop) thinking about the expense of this induces some anxiety. But you only live once and you can't take it with you so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment