Friday, February 18, 2011

engagement party planning

This is my second attempt at coordinating an engagement party. I've been getting some support from various friends helping with random decisions and tracking down responses from people who have yet to respond to the evite.

One of the challenges has been trying to figure out a gift. I decided to go with something I've seen before which was to frame a photo of the couple and invite the people at the party to sign the mat. Since the couple wants to be surprised I've been trying to keep as much a secret from them as I can. I was unsure about what image of them to use for the main photo so instead I decide to make a collage. I was able to grab photos of them off of their facebook pages to use for the collage. I arranged them in a photoshop document and then decided that I liked the idea of some space between each photo so it would have the appearance of a puzzle since marriage will be their lives fitting together to make a new whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment