Thursday, February 3, 2011

snow & vermicelli



I have suddenly found myself looking for excuses, so this morning when I looked out the window and saw that it was snowing for a third day in a row I decided - instead of getting to my long to do list - the day would start out with a cup of coffee and my book (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). It is rare that I find myself so compelled to devour a book or even to pick one up in the last few years. I have surprised myself so much by by desire to finish the book that I gave in to the impulse and read. Before I knew it it was already noon and with 100 pages left I put the book down and headed out to get some other things done before going to babysit. Because of the weather earlier in the week farm share delivery had been pushed back to today, so I went to the gym and then picked up the goods and some tofu and made a late lunch.


I made a slaw, some vermicelli and fried tofu
slaw:
  • cabbage, chopped into small pieces
  • carrots, grated
  • green pepper, thinly sliced
  • scallions
  • beets, grated and par boiled
  • peanuts, chopped
  • mint, chopped
sauce:
  • sesame oil
  • soy sauce
  • water
  • garlic chili paste
  • fresh chopped ginger

tofu:
  • cut into small pieces and put in a frying pan of hot oil, letting cook until crispy

I made some vermicelli and ate that with the slaw and used the same sauce on both, topped off with fried tofu.



No comments:

Post a Comment