Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pulp Loaf

I've been using my juicer and although I can compost all the pulp I feel like there should be ways to use it. I made a juice from oranges, carrots and a mango and the pulp seemed like it would be good for some kind of muffins or bread... the other catch was that my on-hand ingredients were somewhat limited so I looked up some recipes, picked one that seemed pretty straightforward and made a few adjustments based on what I had. I'm also a fan of minimal clean up so I tried to keep it to one bowl.


Turn oven on to 350
In the bowl of a mixer bowl, beat
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
pour in 1/2 cup vegetable oil
add 2 cups of pulp
once well mixed, add dry ingredients
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda

Grease a loaf pan, pour in batter and bake for 40 minutes, turn off oven but leave loaf in for an additional 10 minutes. Leave in loaf pan an additional 10 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
The bread was very moist with a consistency closer to that of bread pudding.


No comments:

Post a Comment