Thursday, January 9, 2014

Chocolate Bread Pudding




I had about half of a small loaf of french bread that had gotten rock hard. Usually I'd end up throwing it away but today I decided to try something a little different with it and made my first attempt at a bread pudding which was easy and delicious.

In a small pot I combined
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup beer
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
Once the chocolate chips were melted and smooth I let it cook and added
1 beaten egg (I only happened to have one on hand or I would have used 2-3)

I cut the bread into cubes and tossed it with the liquid mixture
It was just enough bread to fill a 5 1/2" square baking dish.
I put one layer of bread, sprinkled in a few more chocolate chips then put the rest of the bread on top and poured the remaining liquid over the top.

It baked at 325 for 30 minutes and I served it with ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment