Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Homemade Deodorant

I've heard it's easy to make your own deodorant so I thought I'd give it a try. Everywhere I've looked seems to have the same basic recipe. 
All you have to do is whisk together
6  tablespoons coconut oil (because it's cold this time of year, I placed the jar in hot water to 'melt' it)
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
essential oils of your choice for whatever scent you want otherwise it just smells like coconut
Then I put the mixture in a jar for storage. Quick and easy to make!
If I'd had an empty deodorant container I would have reused that. It's a bit strange having to use my hand to rub it under my arms but it works. I've used it for a few days now and it keeps me dry and smelling, well, like coconut... so far so good!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment