Friday, January 17, 2014

Easy Frosted Glass Bottles

I've been seeing some quick ways to transform old glass jars and bottles with new looks to use as vases or candle holders etc. and I optimistically bought all the supplies I needed to give them a try. This is not the best project for January since it's best when using spray paints to be able to do it outside and itneeds to be warm enough outside to do it… Today was a little heat wave of 50 degrees so I decided today was my day to give this a try! 


What you need:
glass jars or bottles or whatever you want to frost
frosted glass spray, I used Krylon that I picked up at my local hardware store
rubberbands 
newspaper or drop cloth


Step one: wrap the bottles in rubber bands


Step two: spray the bottles with frosted glass spray, let dry and spray a second coat
Step three: remove the rubber bands 

That's it! So Simple! 

If you want to ensure that the finish doesn't scratch off spray a finish coat on top, like Krylon matte finish



No comments:

Post a Comment