Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sweet Potato pasta substitute


I've heard about substituting thinly sliced sweet potato for noodles and decided to give it a try. I used this recipe for inspiration.

I started by peeling the sweet potato skins off
Then I used the peeler to peel the thin strips to be the pasta. As I waited to use the potato I put the pieces in water to keep them from browning.
In a large low pan I put
2 tablespoons of butter
2 small shallots
and let that cook down a little then added cinnamon and crushed sage, drained the sweet potatoes and tossed those in too and let cook, stirring every few minutes and covered for part of the cook time. I cooked until just tender. Since the strips are so thin this happens pretty quickly. When I turned off the heat I added salt and pepper.
I served with broccoli rage sautéed with chicken sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment