Monday, July 19, 2010

Childhood Treats

After writing to my grandma last week she must have stayed on my mind. As I keep searching the fridge for food I keep running into chocolate syrup. And yes, there is a connection. All of the cousins love lunch at grandma's house. One of the best parts about it was these shiny metal cups in bright colors we would fight over and then we could fill them... we'd get to make chocolate milk to go with lunch. So today I'm recreating a happy memory and using up some of the stuff in my fridge.


chocolate syrup
milk

put syrup in a glass, add milk and stir until mixed, add more syrup if not chocolatey enough
For a more adult version and a little kick (no not booze although that would work too) add some coffee


Cheers to grandmothers everywhere and happy memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment