Friday, July 23, 2010

Free Rain



Today my plan was to take advantage of one of the free summer activities in the city. Friday night there's a free movie on the grass by the river, you can bring a picnic, watch the movie, enjoy being outside... it was finally a little cooler than it has been and as I was coming home from a walk I was trying to think about what I had in the house that could become a picnic dinner when I felt a drop. It was not alone. It started as a light rain that I thought might pass until I ended up waiting under a bus shelter in a downpour for a bus to come take me home. So, my plan was thwarted, no picnic and a movie outside, even if the rain did stop in time the grass would be a wet mess to sit on... so we chose one of the movies we have and had a picnic and a movie in the living room instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment