Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Crispy Kale

Rainy day today... a little relief from some of the heat is great but getting motivated to get out of the house today was a little more challenging. Since, it's farmers market day for the market just blocks away I knew I had to find some motivation.
I got there about a half hour after the market opened. It was busy because people were out there during their lunch break but because it was early I had my pick of fruits and veggies so the crowd was worth it.

I've been seeing kale chips at the local market but they charge about $7 and with the weather a little cooler it didn't seem like a bad day to turn the oven on so I got a bunch of lacinato kale and crisped it up.

kale
olive oil
salt
garlic powder
chipotle chili pepper powder

Turn oven on to 250
wash and dry kale, cut stem out, chop kale into the size chips you want, put in large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat, add salt and desired spices (I tried with garlic and chipotle but think you could use whatever flavor appeals to you), toss together, put in single layer on cookie sheet and put in the oven for 1/2 hour until crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment