Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Peanuty Pumpkin Leaves



Today at the farmer's market one of the stands had a pile of pumpkin stalks, leaves, tendrils, all still attached... While I was looking at other things at the stand, two women were very excited to see the pumpkin stalks and filled up three bags with them. Witnessing that kind of a response to these pumpkin parts combined with my curiosity about learning how to eat the whole plant, I was sold and bought a bunch.

I did some research and from what I found you only eat the leaves. Most of the recipes I found had the same instructions so I went with this Pumpkin Leaves in Peanut Sauce. The other ingredients in the recipe where things I already had in the house, even the suggestion of serving over pasta, so it worked out well. I ate the peanut pumpkin leaves over udon. It was fun to try something I wouldn't usually cook and discover something I would cook again.

No comments:

Post a Comment