Friday, July 9, 2010

Give It Away

Everybody has things that they're not using and will probably never use but other people may get some use out of these abandoned treasures. I have been putting off sorting through old clothes, dishes. household items that for me are just taking up space. Although at one time I used them they haven't been used for at least a year and I don't have that much space in my apartment to keep things I am not going to use. I also do not see the point in holding on to something that I'm not using when someone else could enjoy using it. Although sometimes sentimental value makes it hard to let go of things.
Today I tackled those corners in the closet, the back of the dresser, the top of kitchen cabinets...

I collected this pile of clothes and miscellaneous items that have been neglected in recent years and took them down to the Goodwill. It was great to get the house cleaned up a bit and make a charitable donation, since it's not a good time for me to be making monetary donations to charities it provided me with a way of giving back without having to open my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment