Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vinegar and Elbow Grease


It incredible that you can add vinegar to your food as well as use it to wash the floors, remove wallpaper glue and I'm sure do many other things. And since I have vinegar in the kitchen I don't have to go out and spend money on any fancy products.
There was awful wallpaper in the bathroom (jungle print, a fabric paper) so I pulled it off when we first moved in. I did not however, finish the job, so around the walls it looked like this
So today was a day to finish what I'd started. I had an old cleaning spray container in the recycling so I took that, put in vinegar and warm water, used a multi-purpose tool with a flat edge and had at it, spraying the paper until thoroughly wet and then it scraped right off easily.
Since it's a small room I knew we'd have enough paint kicking around to be able to finish this project I'd started months ago. I found paint, then I removed the shelves, toilet paper holder, face plate around the light switch etc. and started painting.
Now it feels like we have a brand new bathroom all with just a coat of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment